Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

So, I heard something about Spinach

We all know vegetables are good for the body. An old cartoon taught us that eating a can of spinach gives us strength like no other! I don't suggesting eat a can of spinach because it isn't the healthiest version of spinach for you. What I do suggest is trying to eat these veggies weekly. These are the ones that I have on my list of items to eat every week. Now, I must inform you that some of them are for no other reason that I like to cook with these items.

Carrots - Good snack food not to mention great for your eyes.

Spinach - This ingredient has multiple benefits that include bone, skin, blood pressure, and vision. For more info on these and more just follow click this link.

Mushrooms - Cooking ingredient

Onions - Cooking ingredient

Asparagus - Chalk full of vitamin C and vitamin K, asparagus can help with diet, digestion, and heart healthy. Not to mention this ingredient can be added as a side to almost any dish and you can also add it to past to add some green color. For more health benefits click this link.

Avocado - Avocados are full of fats, oil, and cholesterol that is healthy for your body. They are filling and help to keep you full. Avocados are also versatile in how you can use them. You can use them as a snack, on a sandwich, in a pasta, or as the sauce itself. Check back to an early blog post to see a simple recipe for a great tasting snack.

Beans - Need I say more? Fiber and just plain healthy. Warning, farting my occur if you consume too much of these guys.

Cucumbers - Great snack food, just add salt, pepper, and a little bit of ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment