Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Challenge Your Limits

The hardest thing I struggle with is pushing myself beyond what I think I can do. Key word here, think. What I think I can do... Somewhere in the back of my head the thought always comes a thought to just roll over and say I did enough and no one could blame me from giving up and stopping. I don't need to run that last half mile, do one more set of weights, keep up with my eating habits.

The other day I came across this quote which describes perfectly how us humans do things. I will explain more of how to over come this thought of stopping where you are and not pushing your limits.


"It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." ~Alfred Adler~


This struck a very deep cord with me and got me thinking if this statement was true or not.. I believe we all know that this very fact is actually true. We find it easy to talk up a big talk and find it harder to live up to what we say. How do combat this? First, find people to workout with, run with, eat healthier with, etc. Ever since I have started working out with Brad and Jordan, I have pushed myself harder because they help me stay energized during my workouts. Then there is Jeremy, keep a look out for his name later on, a health nut and yoga fanatic, he is helping me see that I can always eat the way I need to. So, summing up the first fact, accountability is a very powerful tool. USE IT! Secondly, look inside you and figure out why you are doing what you are doing. For me, I have always wanted to step away from the comment, "Aw, you are so tiny." Every time I think about stopping and "resting" I remind myself of what I am fighting for. We all can fight together to make us better people. Feel free to share why you are doing what you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment